Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mixed feelings about Barbie

Some children like Barbie, and some children don't like Barbie.

First, I used to like Barbie. We had a team of Barbie. Now, we like another team called Wins Club. My friends often tell me, "You got to like only one team." But I like both. Barbie and Wins Club.

Some children also don't like Barbie, because they like many other things. My Daddy says Barbie spends all her time dressing up and combing her hair. My father also says Barbie is not interested in being smart.

I like the Barbie Princess, Dahlia, Barbie of Swan Lake, Barbie of Rapunzel, Barbie and the Pauper.

I have three dolls. One doll's name is Aurora. The other doll's name is Beauty, and the other one is Candy. One of the dolls, Uncle Kevin gave me in Bombay. The other was a birthday gift from my mother. And the third, somebody gave it to me.... My Daddy also gave me one, her name was Swan Lake.

Abigail is the one who has the most Barbies, but her little sister spoils them sometimes.

I mean I like Barbie. I have read three Barbie books -- The Dream Skipper, Star Baby Sitter Barbie I've read myself. I spelt them hard. I only could get the small words.

Barbie of Morocco is a very nice book. It is a story of Barbie going to Morocco. There, she stays in a palace and makes a friend, Fatima, the princess of Morocco. They also have a big party.

My brother likes Barbies. I thought the other boys don't like Barbies. But one boy, who came for the reading club, had a small Barbie sticker with him.

Photos, on top, Barbie. Above, Cindrella, Aurora and Snow White.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Riza,

This is VM, your friend Rohan's dad.

I just read your blog. It's great! I loved it all, and all the photos especially the one of you and Aren when he was a tiny baby.

Rohan is asleep right now. But tomorrow we will look at this web page together, and maybe he will leave a comment on his favorite post. I am leaving my comment here because this is my favorite post. I really enjoyed reading it, you have a great way of telling your stories.

See you soon, in Saligao or here on the Internet.

VM