Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A concert at Emerald Lawns

Just nine months ago, I jointed the Taught to Teach, which is a music school. It has three different branches, all in Goa -- in Mapusa, Porvorim and Bicholim.

Every year they have this concert at Emerald Lawns, a place where parties and weddings are held in Parra.

This year, we had a concert, and they placed me in a song. Its name is "Puun tuh mozo daddy" (based on the Konkani version of But You Love Me Daddy). We had to play in the band, so we couldn't look at papers or notes. We had to by-heart the song. At first, I thought it would be hard because I didn't know the words of the song in Konkani.

But my guitar teacher Gordon D'Souza told me that I only had to by-heart the first verse and the chorus. So that's what I did, and it got quite easy. (And my brother keeps on saying, "But Heidi's mike was not put on." Heidi was really angry about her mike not being put on.)

The concert was really nice. There were at least 40 items. It started at 5 pm and ended at 10 pm. I had school the next day. Of all the times, I liked a song called Holiday. My guitar teacher played it. It was basically Rock, and really cool.

I also liked another song played by a group of boys -- 11, 12 or 13 years old -- and all were playing on drums. They had separated the whole drum set, and were making different noises. The audience really liked that the best.

In my song, there was one drummer, three guitarists (I was the rhythm), three keyboards and two singers. One was the daddy and the other, the son. Not in real-life, just in the song.

No comments: